Wrongful death occurs when an individual is killed due to the negligence of an individual, corporation or other entity. A claim can arise from an automobile or truck collision, medical malpractice, dangerous or defective product, unsafe premises or other negligent fatal occurrence.
Wrongful death statutes allow a family member, loved one or beneficiary to file a lawsuit on behalf of a decedent whose death was caused due to the negligence of another. Since wrongful death claims often must be asserted within a short time frame, it is important to obtain experienced legal representation as soon as possible.
Among the damages that may be recoverable include:
- Loss of anticipated future earnings of the deceased
- Loss of companionship, care, protection and guidance of the deceased
- Loss of support from the decedent
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish of the deceased
- Expenses associated with the death
At Goldberg & Goldberg, we have the experience, skill, knowledge and resources to investigate and prosecute wrongful death and survival claims.
Our firm has over sixty years of experience successfully handling these cases. Contact us online or call us at 301-654-5757 for a free consultation to discuss your claim.