Product Liability is an area of personal injury law that focuses on dangerous and defective products. These legal claims establish a basis for recovering against the manufacturer, distributor or seller of a defective product. Companies have a duty of design, manufacture, test and inspect its product to see that the product that is being distributed is safe for reasonably foreseeable use.
Claims associated with this area of law are strict product liability, breach of warranty, negligent design, negligent manufacture and other consumer protection laws and statutes.
Products cover a wide range of categories including:
- Machinery and tools
- Defective fire alarms and safety devices
- Automobile including crashworthiness and rollover claims
- Automobile accessories such as tires, seat belts, air bags, etc.
- Household products and appliances
- Toys and recreational equipment
- Medicine and Drugs
If you've had an accident with a product that caused an injury or are the survivor of someone who may have died from the use or exposure to a dangerous or defective product, contact us online or call us at 301-654-5757 for a free consultation to discuss your claim.